Chihuly Sculpture Lesson
This is a great lesson I found on another blog site http://marymaking.blogspot.com & am trying it in my after school art class.
- Gather Supplies: Solo cups & bowls, metal paper clips, heat gun, permanent markers, (optional) shrinks dinks
- Draw designs & patterns on bowls & cups ( it’s best to tell the kids to limit the number of colors they use to 3-4 & just reuse these colors
- Cut one of the cups vertically
- Use an exactly knife to punch a small hole for the paper clip to go through, straighten paper clips, leaving one end curled
- Teacher uses heat gun to melt & warp/distort the cups & bowls
- Use colored wire or string to assemble sculpture
If you choose to re-blog or use this lesson in any way (written or photos), then please make sure to link/credit to Create Art with ME.
Thanks for installing the Bottom of every post plugin by Corey Salzano. Contact me if you need custom WordPress plugins or website design.