Minion MaNia!! Create Your Own Minion
I LOVE MINIONS from Despicable Me-who doesn’t- they are adorable! We created our own minions in my after school art class last week & it was a HUGE hit! (the class was mostly 1st-3rd graders for that session)
Here’s how we made them:
- On a sheet of 9×12″ yellow construction paper use a protractor or something you can make a half circle with to draw in the top & bottom of the minion. Leave a little space (depending on how tall you want your minion to be) & then connect the 2 half circles with straight lines. Cut out.
- To make it look 3D, add a little orange dry pastel all around the sides & use your finger to smudge the pastel towards the middle of the minion body.
- Decide how many eyes you want your minion to have & use circle templates to trace onto gray & white construction paper. The gray circle should be slightly larger than the white circle. Cut them out, then glue the white circle on top. Cut a smaller circle for the pupil & glue it on.
- Also cut 2 strips of black paper for the the goggle band to go around the head, glue it on too.
- To make the clothes, we traced the body onto blue construction paper (or whatever they wanted the clothes to be). Then cut out straps & added details.
- We used the “scrap” yellow paper to make the arms/hands & used sharpies to draw on the gloves.
- Use black paper to cut out boots.
- Use black yarn or black pipe cleaners for the hair-tape on back of the minions head.
If you choose to use this lesson or to repost it, please link it back to my blog. Create Art with ME