I LOVE watching the winter Olympics and I am so excited about the PyeongChang 2018 games!
My After School Art just finished a unit on the Olympics. We first created an Abstract Olympic Ring Crayon and Watercolor Resist Painting. Our last project was this super-easy air dry clay Olympic medal necklace. I had extra Crayola Air Dry Clay* left over from a sculpture camp that I taught this summer at my school. These necklaces would also work great with Model Magic* or ceramics!
- Give each student a small ball of clay.2. Use a rolling pin to roll the clay to the thickness of your pinky finger.
3. Press the straw into the clay about 1/4″ from the edge of the clay.
6. Let dry for 36 hours. (model magic will dry sooner)
7. Paint with gold metallic acrylic paint. Paint back first, let dry. Then paint the front. Let dry
8. Add yarn and beads as desired.
*Amazon Affiliate Links
If you choose to use ANY part of this blog (graphic, pictures or written text), please link back to Create Art with ME!