Clear the tables of all supplies & labels (which we have to do at the end of the year anyway). Tell the rules first. Have 2 responsible students give each student some shaving cream directly on the table-NO touching until everyone has the shaving cream and the teacher says “GO”. I usually let them just play for a little bit, then we get out scrapers and do designs. We then start drawing and sculpting games.
Supplies: Shaving Cream, Optional-paint scrapers
I usually plan for 1 can per 3 people
Set the Ground Rules First:
- Shaving cream ONLY goes on TOP of the table & your hands-NOTHING ELSE!
- Do NOT touch each other. That’s. It. Period! If you touch another person, you are done. (unless they kindly ask for help getting shaving cream off their hands)
- Have a prize for the “neatest” shaving cream artist. The person who completely followed rules #1 & 2.
- Shaving Cream Pictionary: Flatten the shaving cream evenly over the table & Draw into it- Pictionary is fun with this!
- Shaving Cream Sculpture: See who can sculpt the best bunny or snowman! (Optional: have prizes for winners)
- Give a 5 minute warning that we will be cleaning up.
- Give each table a plastic ruler. With the ruler on its side, clear off as much shaving cream as you can. Put into trash can.
- Give each table sponges and a bucket half-way filled up with water (I use warm water).
- Using a DAMP Sponge (not dripping wet!), wipe the rest of the shaving cream of the table. Rinse sponge & keep going until all the shaving cream is gone.
- Get clean water when needed.
- Have 2-3 students use paper towels to dry off the tables.
Shaving Cream Table Fun is SO MUCH fun & an awesome way to get your tables clean for the end of the year!
f you choose to use ANY of this lesson (written or photos), please link back to this blog Create Art with ME!